Admissions

PDF version

Admission Procedure

 

The Institute has been successfully conducting Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme, since 2002, and Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and Mass Communication); BA(JMC), since 2021, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha (GGSIP) University, New Delhi. Presently, the institute has 120 intake of MCA Programme of two years duration and 120 intake of BA(JMC) Programme of 03 years duration. The admission to the MCA and BA (JMC) Programmes of this Institute is governed by the rules and regulations of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha (GGSIP) University, New Delhi, and Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Delhi.

During the Academic Year 2022-2023, admission to the MCA Programme of this Institute shall be done through centralized Counselling to be conducted by GGSIP University, New Delhi, based upon the rank obtained by the students in the following tests:-

  1. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET – 2022) conducted by NIT Jamshedpur. More details regarding the NIMCET-2022 can be obtained from the NIMCET website https://www.nimcet.in/.
  2. GGSIPU Common Entrance Test (CET-2022) conduct by GGSIP University, New Delhi. More details regarding the CET-2022 can be obtained from the GGSIP University website http://www.ipu.ac.in/.

During the Academic Year 2022-2023, admission to the BA (JMC) Programme of this Institute shall be done through centralized Counselling to be conducted by GGSIP University, New Delhi, based upon the rank obtained by the students in the GGSIPU CET-2022 (CET Code: 126).

Based upon the rank obtained by the candidates in the NIMCET-2022 or GGSIPU CET-2022, GGSIP University, New Delhi, will conduct centralized counseling for allocation of seats to the desirous candidates rank-wise. After having qualified the CET, all the candidates will have to register for the centralized counseling, for MCA Programme, to be conducted by the GGSIP University, New Delhi. During the centralized cousnelling conducted by GGSIP University, NIMCET-2022 qualified candidates shall be given first priority and then after the seats shall be filled through GGSIPU CET-2022 qualified candidates. Further details in this regard may be obtained from the website of GGSIP University http://www.ipu.ac.in. It is, therefore, advised to all the desirous students to appear for both the CETs i.e. NIMCET-2022 and GGSIPU CET-2022.

It may further be noted that 90% of seats, of this Institute, are filled through centralized counseling conducted by the GGSIP University, New Delhi. Remaining 10% of the seats are reserved for Management Category. Admission to these 10% Reserved Management Category Seats shall be done by the Management of the Institute, on merit based upon the rank of NIMCET-2022 or GGSIPU CET-2022, for MCA Programme and GGSIPU CET-2022 (CET Code: 126) for BA (JMC) Programme, as per the Instructions of the Govt. of NCT, Delhi and GGSIP University, New Delhi, from time to time. Candidates desirous of taking admission in the Institute under Management Category may directly contact the Institute, in person, with their NIMCET or GGSIPU CET Rank Card and other academic records. Please note that the students who will not appear in the NIMCET-2022 or GGSIPU CET-2022 will not be eligible, in any of the Categories; Merit Seats or Management Category seats. Please click here for admission related notices.

It has been observed that year after year an increasing number of top rankers join BVICAM. Detailed rank profile of students admitted under General Category, at our Institute, during last four academic years, at the end of the second counseling, are given hereunder, for the information of students and parents:

 
Rank Profile of Admitted Students in MCA Programme
    Delhi General Outside Delhi General
Year Rank First Shift Second Shift First Shift Second Shift
2021 - 2022
(NIMCET-2021)
First 672 1600 771 881
Last 2275 3440 876 896
2020 - 2021
(NIMCET-2020)
First 638 1991 476 816
Last 3227 5724 1714 2106
2019 - 2020
(NIMCET-2019)
First 737 1430 703 814
Last 1777 2918 782 945
2018 - 2019 First 32 163 87 124
Last 169 282 129 173
2017 - 2018 First 08 136 55 146
Last 188 294 211 415
2016 - 2017 First 21 121 44 87
Last 177 355 91 184
2015 - 2016 First 32 127 51 99
Last 174 295 150 351
2014 - 2015 First 15 49 137 427
Last 297 740 480 759
2013 - 2014 First 09 28 70 210
Last 376 492 490 525
2012 - 2013 First 50 -NA- 111 -NA-
Last 336 -NA- 402 -NA-
2011 - 2012 First 106 -NA- 143 -NA-
Last 316 -NA- 254 -NA
2010 - 2011 First 126 -NA- 114 -NA-
Last 417 -NA- 317 -NA-

 

Rank Profile of Admitted Students in BA(JMC) Programme
    Delhi General Outside Delhi General
Year Rank First Shift First Shift
2021 - 2022
(CET-2021)
First 493 771
Last 2486 876